Are you disappointed that the content you’ve spent many hours creating isn’t generating the amount of new business you hope it would?
Market research confirms the number of people who are ready to make a purchase right NOW, is only 3%.
That’s an incredibly low number.
Especially considering that out of those 3% of people – an even smaller amount may be your ideal customer.
In fact, I recently attended a business summit where the following stats were shown:
Puts things into perspective, doesn’t it.
- Only 3% of people are buying right now. [Stage 3: Decision]
- 17% of people are proactively searching for a suitable solution. [Stage 2: Consideration]
- 25% of people are aware they have a problem and are beginning their research. [Stage 1: Awareness]
- And, 55% of people are unaware they have an issue and therefore aren’t searching for a solution.
This raises the question, how as Change Makers and aspiring Industry Thought Leaders can we stand out from all of the online noise to:
- Capture the attention of our ideal clients – who are aware they have a problem and are beginning their research for a suitable solution?
- Provide real value so our solution is one being considered as a viable option as they move into the decision-making mode?
- Engage, educate AND entice him/her to select to do business with US, when they’re ready to make a purchase?
Firstly, I’d recommend not concerning yourself with the 55% of people who are not even aware they have an issue. You’ll wear yourself out trying to convince them they have an issue.
Instead, focus on creating valuable content for your potential customers, who are already in (either) one of the three stages of the buyer’s journey, namely: Awareness, Consideration and Decision.
[Note: when you set this up properly and you have the most relevant content in the right sequence, should people in the 55% stage gain awareness of their issues and begin to their search for a solution, they’ll automatically optin to the sequence (i.e. funnel) which you have created.
The funnel we’re recommending to clients is their Podcast Profit Pipeline, which includes:
- Stage 1: Awareness: Content that provides valuable information that allows your ideal client to recognise you know what he/she is going through and you have valuable solutions to help them. Your call to action invites them to learn more and invites them access additional resources in exchange for their email address.
- Stage 2: Consideration: Now that you have developed a level of trust, you continue to nurture your relationship by sharing even more valuable insights. Our clients are taking their prospective customers through their 3-Part Thought Leadership Podcast Series, along with follow up emails and additional resources to support their learning.
Provide such valuable content that they can’t help imagine what it would be like to work with you and the expertise they’d be gaining access to, if this is what you are providing them for free. Doing so strengths your relationship as you continue to build that all-important ‘know, like and trust’.
- Stage 3: Decision: After having spent time with you and listening to your voice, reading your follow up emails, and working through checklists and templates, now is the time to invite him/her to take the next step. This could include a call with you, so you can decide whether he/she is a good fit for your high-end program, or a DIY course, which they can guide themselves through.
This Pipeline continues to work for you 24/7, 365 days a year, strategically guiding your ideal clients through each stage, building ‘know, like and trust,’ while inviting people (who are your ideal clients from those 3% of people who are ready to make a decision) to decide that it’s YOU they want to work with!
I share more on what sort of content you can incorporate into each of the three stages, as well as an incredible tool (that’ll enable you to practically read your ideal client’s mind as to what content they want to learn more about in YOUR area of expertise) and another tool to help you can create compelling titles in my next article, here.
BTW, if you haven’t yet connected with me on my Podcasting With Purpose Facebook Community, come on over and introduce yourself and let us know what message you’d like to share on your Thought Leadership Podcast.
And, if you have a specific question you’d love me to answer in an upcoming podcast – let me know!