How to go from
Invisible to Influential (and Profitable) With a Podcast
Are you ready to:
Share your message in a much bigger way, with a much larger audience, while be able to engage with them in a much deeper way so you build know, like and trust from the very first time they hear your message;
Learn how to create a steady stream of ideal clients from your very first podcast, while continue to nurture listeners to leads (and ultimately enquiries and paying customers) with integrity and ease;
Become a sought after authority in your industry, while continue to attract opportunities and ideal clients who you love to work with?
If you answered ‘yes’ – you’re in the right place!
Why You Need a Podcast
People are busier than ever. They’re overwhelmed with information and have more choices available to them than they know how to deal with.
This presents a real challenge when it comes to gaining AND maintaining people’s attention long enough to build any level of real engagement and awareness of the value you offer.
If this is something you’re struggling with, you’re not alone.
Video vs Blog Posts vs Podcasts
Which is better?
As businesses continue to look for ways to grow their visibility and reach, I’m often asked the question – “Which is better? Video, blogs or podcasting?”
To which I respond: “They are ALL great platforms to build brand awareness, IF you use them correctly.
However, what other medium allows you to spend 20-30 minutes (or longer) with your ideal client on a regular basis, because they WANT and CHOOSE to listen to you?
A podcast can AND does!”
Video specialists encourage us to keep our videos short and concise. That poses a really challenge if we want to build real connection and engagement with someone in only 60 or 120 seconds. [Even if you’re a fast-talker like me!]
When it comes to articles, blog posts (and even books) people typically scan the content and therefore don’t get a sense of the real – YOU.
Plus they bring their own perceptions to the relationship, which can unfortunately cause them to misinterpret the message you’re trying to portray.
However with a podcast, people hear and engage with your voice as you change your tonality, your pace, your pitch, and incorporate laughter – at just the right moment.
For instance, which do you think would impact you most? Reading ‘LOL’ or hearing someone else’s belly laugh? [Hearing someone laugh for sure! I only have to hear someone laughing out loud and I begin to smile and chuckle. And, if it’s a real ‘belly laugh’ – you know the sort of laugh that brings tears to your eyes – I can’t help but burst out laughing too.]
You really CAN influence and build a much deeper connection with people, right from the opening introduction of your podcast through to the outro.
In fact, one of my newest listeners of my podcast – Women In Leadership, said this to me recently:
“I listened to the latest episode. I like the future-focused feedback and I laughed out loud about the rabbit story. I can’t wait to binge listen to the archives.”
– Carmen Williams
“I can’t wait to binge listen to the archives.” That’s 65 episodes at 30-minutes approximately in length, which is 32.5 hours she will spend listening to my voice and interacting with me.
What other medium enables you to spend that amount of time, building a deeper relationship with people because they want to binge listen to more of your content?
You CAN with a podcast.
Annemarie Cross has simply the best podcast training I’ve seen. It’s so much more than recording a bit of audio and uploading it somewhere! You cover it all!
The foundation building in PWP is such an important part of the podcasts sustainability. All of the seemingly boring, tedious “work” will ensure you have the best chance of success.
Your message, your delivery, your processes.
If you don’t build a solid foundation….what’s the point…
You cover it all. Thank you!
When I first began Annemarie’s Podcasting Course I wasn’t really sure what to expect but as I worked through the course if there was anything that I didn’t understand Annemarie was there to help answer any questions that I had. She help me understand the processes and procedures that are required to set up your podcast show and how important it is to have systems in place to make it run smoothly and professionally.
I notice now that when I am having a conversation with someone it is easy for me to explain what I do and why. I am continually being introduced to people who want to share their stories and have a voice.
I am constantly working with clients to help them share their stories and I find that being a podcaster is not only fun but rewarding because you are sharing the clients untold story and helping them create a legacy.
If anyone is thinking of doing their own podcast business I would highly recommend that they connect with Annemarie and have a conversation about what it takes to be a professional podcaster and understand that it is important to have the systems in place so that when creating their podcast it is easier than starting from scratch and not really knowing what to do.
Annemarie’s course takes the stress out of know what needs to be done and how which makes it so much easier in the long term.
Thank you Annemarie for your continued support – your course has given me a great understanding and start to creating my own Podcasts.
Faye Waterman – A Conversation with Faye
PRE WORK BONUS CLASSES
- Define WHY you are creating your Podcast and map out your strategy and Podcast Profit Pipeline so you can begin to build momentum, leads and enquiries from your very first podcast. Most business owners neglect to do this, ‘hoping’ their podcast will generate the visibility, reach AND subsequent leads and enquiries they need. HOPE is NOT a strategy (as one of my business mentors used to say), so we’ll map out HOW you’re going to leverage your podcast and the steps and systems you need to have in place!
- You’ll also get access to the Profitable Podcasting Virtual Workshop recording where Annemarie brainstorms key strategies with businesses on how they can leverage their podcasts to nurture listeners to leads and ultimately clients from their very first episode.
- PLUS, you’ll also get a digital copy of Annemarie’s latest book – Industry Thought Leader: How to Go From Invisible to Influential (and Profitable) with a Podcast.
Pre-Work Bonus Class Two: Your Signature Brand Archetypes
- Use the same Branding With Archetypes System I’ve used with entrepreneurs to build their Signature Brands and who have gone on to double, triple or even quadruple their results.
The Branding With Archetypes System will enable you to capture the heart and soul, the personality and passion of you and what you do so your ‘Ideal Listener’ (i.e. Ideal Client) will want to subscribe to and listen to your show again and again. [Note: Podcasting With Purpose Training clients often comment that the price of the course ALONE is in the value they received from the Branding With Archetypes process. Yes, it’s THAT good!]
Note: Even if you already have a brand, the Branding With Archetypes System will help you create an irresistible and instantly recognisable presence by revealing your Core, influencing and Magnifying Archetypes.
MODULE 1-2: BRANDING OF YOU & YOUR PODCAST
As you are guided by your Signature Brand Archetypes (from the Bonus Module), the next step is to gain a clear idea of how your podcast will be focused, unique and distinguishable and aligned with your Signature Brand, niche and business focus. This will allow you to capture the essence of you and what you stand for so your podcast will stand out from the crowd and continue to position you as an influential voice in your industry.
Here’s what you’ll work on in these two modules:
- A WELL DEFINED BRAND BLUEPRINT that outlines:
The Unique Brand of YOU | Podcast Title | Podcast Description Podcast Keywords and Phrases | Podcast Host Bio | Podcast Intro Script | Podcast Outro Script.
- ON-BRAND MUSIC & VOICE OVER PROFESSIONAL
- Select the music with the right tone and tempo as well as the right voice over professional that is aligned with your brand and supports the experience you want to create for your audience.
- Cost effective music and voice over professionals tools and resources.
MODULE 3: DEFINE YOUR IDEAL LISTENER (AND FUTURE CLIENT) AND GUEST
CAPTURE AND MAINTAIN A GROWING AUDIENCE of your ideal listeners (clients) by defining who he/she is so you can continue to share andshowcase relevant topics and information and strategies that he/she will love and want to learn more about.
Learn how to connect, engage with, and keep yourself top-of-mind in order to create know, like and trust much faster as he/she can sense you understand their issues/challenges and what they are looking for.
By creating your Ideal Listener Psychographic & Archetypal Profile through the power of the Branding With Archetypes System. Your Ideal Listener Psychographic & Archetypal Profile will identify words, qualities and key phrases that can be sprinkled throughout each of your shows, your marketing messages and other information you share with your audience to ensure you consistently attract and influence ONLY the people YOU want to work with.
Define who your ideal guest is so you can seek, invite and nurture relationships with people and businesses that can lead to further business opportunities.
MODULE 4: STRUCTURE AND FORMATTING OF YOUR PODCAST
SELECT ONE OF THE VARIOUS PLUG-AND-GO TEMPLATES OF THE BEST STRUCTURES that suits your style and preference whether you’re sharing inspiring information on your own, or whether you are interviewing a guest or multiple guests. Each Plug-And-Go Template includes critical sections that enables you to showcase your expertise, engage and deepen your relationship with your audience, while continue to build and fill your funnel with ideal clients.
- Harness my POWERFUL 4-STEP CONNECTION PROCESS to present your information in a strategic format so you can instantly engage and maintain your audiences attention, no matter what their communication preference. Even the most sceptical people will instantly be intrigued with your podcast when you use the 4-Step Connection Process.
- LEARN and INCORPORATE KEY SEED AND LEAD STRATEGIES so you continue to build desire of your audience to want to work with YOU.
MODULE 5: STREAMLINED SYSTEMS TO FIND, SCHEDULE & PREPARE GUESTS
- Leverage streamlined introduction and scheduling templates to prepare your guest and enable you to capture the RIGHT information so you can create a stellar show in under 15 minutes, without having to do hours and hours of preparation beforehand. Many of my guests have commented how professional our process was, how supported they felt throughout the entire process, and how well prepared they were when we finally got to record their interview. A well-prepared guest is important if you want to create a stellar show. And, every experience you create for your guest, speaks your brand and your guest may very well be a future JV, or alliance partner. Plus, the more prepared YOU are will positively impact the way you show up as the host and interviewer! Eliminate those NERVES!
- Access Templates & Scheduling Resources that you can rebrand, tweak and use immediately, without having to reinvent the wheel! This will literally save you HOURS (and HOURS!)
MODULE 6: SETTING THE STAGE: POWERFUL INTERVIEWING TECHNIQUES
- POWERFUL TECHNIQUES to instantly engage and maintain your audience’s attention, no matter what their communication preference.This training will help you:
- Calm your nerves and boost your confidence before each interview.
- Build momentum, even with a nervous guest through showing you subtle, yet powerful interview techniques.
- Learn how to manage even the most difficult of guests.
- Leverage introduction techniques that’ll ‘wow’ your guest, engage your audience from the ‘get-go’, and will set the stage for an awesome show.
MODULE 7: RECORDING, MIXING AND EDITING TECHNOLOGIES
- ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES step-by-step videos showing you how to record edit, mix and produce great sounding podcasts that your audience will want to listen to. NOTE: I wanted to keep the videos simple and easy to follow. You will NOT have to become a sound engineer in order to make sense of the training. Some of the videos and resources include:
– Audio Editing & Mixing Software
– ID3 Tagging: The Why, What and How
– How to mix in background music
– How to record in Audacity
– How to record a guest (whether you’re on a Mac or PC)
– Selecting the right audio host, and much more
- GET YOUR PODCAST ON Apple Podcasts (iTunes) a step-by-step video to show you how. Remember, technology is NOT what you should be stressing about. We’ll show you the simple steps of getting your audio sounding GREAT and out into the world so you can continue to impact the lives of others!
MODULE 8: MOMENTUM-BUILDING MARKETING
- SOLID VISIBILITY STRATEGIES TO continuously be recognised as an influential voice in your industry, while attract a growing loyal audience of raving fans, potential customers and business opportunities.
- Find out the tools my team and I are using as well as the ways we’re marketing each of our podcast episodes to build momentum, visibility and reach.
- Create a solid do-able action plan showing you how to integrate and leverage your podcast into your business model;
- Key marketing strategies to continue building exposure for you and your podcast.Publishing your podcast is not enough.
- A solid strategy that will enable consistent marketing of your podcast is key! This training will show you how.
Bonus 1: Interviewing with Purpose Course
Enhance your interviewing skills so you can confidently build rapport and communicate effectively with even the most difficult of guests?
Learn how to create compelling Show Titles, Show Introductions and Calls to Action that captures your listener’s attention from the start of your show RIGHT through to the end of your show?
Become a sought after authority in your industry, while continue to attract incredible opportunities and ideal clients who you love to work with, because your podcast interviews continue to deliver outstanding value to your growing audience of ‘raving fans’?
This training will show you how. Click below to learn more about each of the modules.
MODULE 1: PREPARING YOU
Unsure how to capture and define your unique interviewing style so you can show up with purpose in all of your podcast interviews?
This module will help you determine the key elements that’ll make you distinguishable from all of the other podcast hosts including:
Lesson 1: Defining Your Core Values:
Your Core Values are central to WHO you are, HOW you show up, and the experience you create for your audience. Get clear on YOUR core values and how you can leverage these to create an undeniable experience that only YOU can bring to the interview.
Lesson 2: Defining Your Unique Interviewing Style:
Self-awareness is one of the most precious gifts you can give yourself – a statement I’ve been saying for over two decades.
And, gaining an insight about your unique interviewing style so you can be on-purpose and intentional in how you show up in each of your interviews will enable you to build that distinguishable reputation – quickly!
Lesson 3: Your Winning Mindset:
I can teach you the steps, processes and techniques to conduct a fantastic interview, but unless you have the right mindset –a WINNING mindset, you can still struggle.
This module will help you create – Your Winning Mindset.
MODULE 2: PREPARING THE GUEST
PREPARING THE GUEST
While preparing YOU is a key factor to creating a powerful and compelling podcast interview, so is preparing your guest. Sadly, many podcasters fail to do this.
You won’t need to start from scratch, as I give you access to my tools and templates that I use each and every day with my own podcasts (which you can tweak and rebrand) to ensure your guest is prepared and ready to go for an awesome interview.
MODULE 3: SETTING THE STAGE FOR AN AWESOME INTERVIEW
SETTING THE STAGE FOR AN AWESOME INTERVIEW
Want to learn the exact format and approach I used on the two podcasts that secured Nominations as Finalists in the BEST Business, Marketing & Entrepreneurship Podcast Award, with one of the podcasts going on to be the overall winner of the Category?
I’ll show you, as well as other aspects that are crucial to the development of a stellar podcast episode, including:
Lesson 1: Show Formats
Access my simple, yet powerful Plug-and-go show formats and structure that suits your style and preference whether you’re sharing inspiring information on your own, or whether you are interviewing a guest, or multiple guests.
Each Plug-And-Go Template includes critical sections that enables you to showcase your expertise, engage and deepen your relationship with your audience, while continue to build and fill your funnel with ideal clients.
Lesson 2: Creating Compelling Show Titles
Struggling to come up with show titles that will be found on Google by your ideal client, while compel them to listen to the show?
This module shows you how as well as the copywriting tips and techniques I use, as well as what to avoid so you don’t get penalised by Apple Podcast (iTunes).
Lesson 3: Creating Compelling Show Introductions
Don’t loose your audiences attention by falling into the trap that so many other podcast hosts fall victim to. People are busy so you need to capture their attention – quickly!
This module will show you how, including what NOT to do, to avoid putting your listeners off, (or to sleep).
Lesson 4: Creating Compelling Show Outros
Learn the typical outros to avoid (that sadly many podcast hosts make) and therefore fail to generate the results they want, as well as what to do in order to encourage your audience to take the next step! Not sure what that next step should be? I show you that too!
MODULE 4: POWERFUL INTERVIEWING TECHNIQUES
POWERFUL INTERVIEWING TECHNIQUES
Learn powerful podcast interviewing techniques that I continue to use on each of my shows in order to build instant engagement, while maintain your audience’s attention.
Find out how to communicate with even the most difficult of guests so that each of your podcast episodes are a stellar representation of you, your brand, and that continues to build your reputation as an authority in your industry.
Lesson 1: Mastering Your Mindset
Learn key Mindset strategies crucial to become a highly skilled interviewer, while calm your nerves and enable you to show up with confidence in each of your interviews.
Lesson 2: Different Types of Questions PLUS Bonus Sample Questions
Find out how to craft relevant questions that will enable your guest to share interesting and informative stories and information your audience will love.
Learn the six different questioning techniques I use in all of my shows. I have even provided you with a BONUS set of questions that you can tweak and use to get started.
Lesson 3: Dealing With Difficult Guests
Being prepared for ALL guests – even the most difficult of guests is important. Especially if you don’t want to have a folder full of podcast interviews you can’t publish because of a difficult guest that you found you were unable to build rapport with and who caused you to struggle to come up with great questions.
I provide tips and techniques to deal with:
- The spammy guest who sounds more like an infomercial
- The guest who doesn’t shut up
- The guest who hardly says a word
- The guest who is D.U.L.L. and B.O.R.I.N.G.
- The guest who contradicts themselves over the course of the interview
- The guest who bounces around all over the place with their confusing content
- The nervous and anxious guest
Lesson 4: Advanced Commuication Tips
Want to take your interviewing and communication skills to the NEXT level?
This module will show you HOW, including a one of the common mistakes people make when they communicate, which will undermine their authority, how NOT to sound monotone, and how to show up and create a unique and distinguishable experience that your audience will appreciate, and why they’ll listen right through to the end of your show!
BONUS MODULE: OPTIMISING YOUR VOICE
OPTIMISING YOUR VOICE
Find out how to optimise your voice so you sound GREAT from a Master Voice Coach. In this bonus module you will learn:
- Warm up exercises for your voice (which you should do on a daily basis to ensure you take care of one of your most important assets – your voice!);
- The importance of discovering your optimal speaking voice;
- A quick way for people to find their optimal pitch, which is the starting point, and more!
Bonus 2: Map our Your ‘Irresistible Signature Giveaway’ Podcast and/or Podcast Series
Get a behind-the-scenes sneak peak into the actual process AND what happened with three of my VIP clients as I worked with them to create their podcast and/or podcast series, which they are now using as their Irresistible Signature Giveaway (i.e. Free Optin Offer).
Not only will you get access to process I took them through, you’ll also get access to the Templates and documentation I used to guide you as you map out your own podcast and/or podcast series.
I’m also going to guide you in mapping out your very own 3-part podcast series with a ‘Suggested Framework and Structure of 3-part podcast series template, so you can create a compelling Irresistible Signature Giveaway that will continue to grow your list and generate leads for you that you can continue to nurture.
Bonus 3: Bonus Training – Harness the Power of Live Streaming for Thought Leaders
Did you know that:
- 80% of consumers prefer to watch live videos from a brand than read a blog. (Source: Livestream)
- More than 1 in 5 Facebook videos are Live and are watched 3X longer than pre-recorded videos. (Source: Go-Globe)
- 43% of viewers say compelling content is the primary motivator for live online viewing. (Source: Yahoo!)
Annemarie has been live streaming all of her podcast interviews since 2018.
During that time one of her podcasts was published daily and with the podcasts she was producing for the Ambitious Entrepreneur Podcast Network along with her Alliance Partners podcasts – some weeks she recalls live streaming up to 20 interviews.
After live streaming hundreds of podcast interviews, Masterclasses, and solo live streams across multiple platforms over the last two years, she now teaches her clients what’s she’s learned and how she continues to harness the power of live streaming in her own business, so they can do the same.
Join Annemarie in this bonus training as she shows you step-by-step how to:
- Define a solid Live Streaming strategy that leverages what you are doing already with your Thought Leader podcast to maximize your productivity and efficiency;
- Live Stream across multiple platforms to maximize your reach and visibility including Facebook (Group/Pages), YouTube, Linkedin*, and Twitter/Periscope, with a powerful Live Streaming Platform that Annemarie LOVES and uses with all her live streams [*Note: to stream live to Linkedin you must have Linkedin Live streaming capabilities already]
- Create impressive video creatives including:
- An impressive on-brand video intro that positions your Thought Leadership right from the get-go to capture your ideal clients attention
- A strategic on-brand video outro with a subtle call to action that’ll work for you 24/7, 365 days a year to influence your ideal client to take that next step
- Record your Thought Leader Podcast audio episode – from start to finish as you Live Stream, therefore requiring minimal editing by your production team as they prepare your audio podcast for publication
- Streamline your content creation so you can boost your visibility and ‘be seen EVERYWHERE’ by learning how to repurpose snippets of your live stream to leverage the power of video across your social media platforms, and much more.
I was a little apprehensive before diving into the content as I thought it was going to be confusing. However, the trainings are structured and delivered in a way that made the information easy to understand. It was so much easier than I thought.
Thank you Annemarie for the knowledge you offer, how you took us through the process step-by-step, and the giving of your time to help us work through the questions.
If you are thinking of enrolling in Podcasting With Purpose but are a little hesitant like I was – DO IT! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. It is TIME to get your message out there.
Starting a podcast was something my business partner and I wanted to do to share our message in a much bigger way. The Branding With Archetypes Module that Annemarie starts the training off with, enabled me to have one of my biggest aha’s.
Through knowing what makes us unique and then being able to define our Signature Brand so we can ensure our podcast is unique – right from the title of our podcast, the words we use in our intro and outro, as well as our selection of music, so we can capture the heart and soul of who we are and ultimately can speak directly to our ideal client through the information we share on each podcast, is priceless.
Another aha, was being able to get clarity on the type of podcast we wanted to create as well as the importance of choosing a specific audience – all crucial information that will ensure our podcast stands out. If you are a little apprehensive in doing this course – just give it a go! I met a podcaster who is getting massive corporate clients from her podcast. What have you got to lose!
The main reason we decided to launch our Succeed with Money Podcast was because we were very aware that a vast majority of people in this country struggle with overwhelming debt and an inability to gain control of their money. We believe that our podcast addresses this issue and gives people the information they need to go from money stress to money success., and with over 25 years of experience David and I believe we can be the catalyst for change in people’s lives.
Annemarie is so knowledgeable and giving in what she shares and I found our time together was so valuable in understanding firstly, the reasoning behind why we should start a podcast, what steps we had to take to start and how we could make it a profitable venture, rather than ‘just a podcast for the sake of having a podcast’.
My main ‘aha’ moments in working with Annemarie were understanding the necessity of putting a strategy in place and why this makes a world of difference to the success of a podcast, being intentional about our message and having a clear call to action in every podcast, without it sounding like a commercial, and having a Podcast Series separate to our podcast episodes that showcases our expertise in our field and compels people to want to listen and learn from what we have to share.
We’re so excited to be able to share over 25 years of experience in taking families from money stress to money success. We are passionate about what we do and believe that what we will be presenting through our podcasts will be absolutely life-changing for our listeners.
Having worked with business coaches and marketing experts in the past, I would highly recommend working with Annemarie Cross. This last 12 months has been a pivotal turning point in putting strategy behind my business, understanding and working with my own strengths and weaknesses and understanding the importance of having a vision and both short and long term goals. Annemarie’s commitment to her clients is second to none, providing informational webinars and regular Q & A sessions. She goes above and beyond and has a wealth of information from many years of experience, which she is more than willing to share.
Carolyn Moes, Spending Planner, Co-Host: Succeed with Money Podcast
90-Day ‘Idea to Launch’ Your Thought Leader Podcast Immersive
Work closely with Annemarie guiding you every step of the way to get your Thought Leader Podcast launched and out into the world – in 90 days!
YES! I want access all of the training videos, templates, checklists and worksheets in this Podcasting with Purpose training. [Core Modules]
YES! I want access to the BONUS Interviewing With Purpose Course (valued at $297). [Part of the Core Modules Training]
YES! I want access to the BONUS Map Out Your ‘Irresistible Signature Giveaway’ Podcast Series Training. [Part of the Core Modules Training]
YES! I want access to the Private Client Facebook Group where I’ll connect with like-minded Change Makers who are changing the world with their message. [Core Modules]
YES! I want access to the Coaching/Spotlight calls during the 90-Day Intensive to support me in getting my Thought Leader Podcast launched. [Immersive Program]
YES! I’m ready to get into ACTION, get the ACCOUNTABILITY I need, to celebrate ACHIEVEMENT in 90-Days, when I launch my Thought Leader Podcast to the world!!! [Immersive Program]
YES! I’m ready to have my Thought Leader Podcast listed and showcased on Annemarie’s Podcast Network – The Ambitious Entrepreneur Podcast Network so I’m found and recognised as an Authority in my industry by businesses, the media and my ideal clients who are regularly searching this site [Immersive Program]
YES! I’m ready to participate in the ONLINE VIRTUAL PODCAST LAUNCHED PARTY, which will be streamed LIVE across Facebook, YouTube, and Periscope to showcase my new Thought Leadership Podcast to the world! [Immersive Program]
Registrations are currently closed. Join the waitlist for the next round: